Fresh GST registration online explained in detail
After 1st July, 2017, the nation has been witnessing the biggest tax reform. Some are happy with GST while most of the population seems to frown just upon hearing the name of GST. Presently, the online GST portal is open for migration and fresh registrations. Since the laws have been made such that not getting registered under Goods and Service Tax regime would b disadvantageous because unregistered businesses won’t be avail to avail the benefits of Input Tax Credit. If you want to avail the credit and do the business with ease then you need to apply for GST registration online.
Before moving ahead let us know about the criteria for GST registrations. If an entity fulfill any of the below mentioned conditions then it is a must for you to get registered yourself in GST. Following are the conditions:
- Having aggregate turnover in excess of Rs. 20 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs in case of special states as mentioned in Explanation (3) of section 22 of CGST Act, 2017)
- In an entity is currently in any other indirect tax regime (Service Tax, VAT, etc.). In this case you need to apply for migration to GST.
- If your entity operates in different states
- An entity having several business verticals in a single state. Section 2(18) of revised GST law defines Business Vertical as “a distinguishable component of an enterprise that is engaged in supplying an individual product or service or a group of related products or services and that is subject to risks and returns that are different from those of other business verticals”
- An entity engaged in inter- state supply of taxable goods and services.
- An entity liable to pay tax as per Reverse Mortgage.
- An entity liable to deduct TDS
- An entity working in the capacity of an agent of a supplier
- Entity working as an Input Service Distributor.
- An entity engaging in E-commerce operations.
- An entity in India receiving services from outside India under OIDAR (Online Information and Database Access or Retrieval Services)
If any of the above conditions are being fulfilled then GST registration is mandatory. If you need to get yourself registered in GST then just go through the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of GST www.gst.gov.in
- In the Services Tab, click the option ‘Registration’
- Click on ‘New Registration’ (Only in case of Fresh registration and not in case of Migration)
- Part-A of Form GST REG-01 will open up in which you need to fill in the details as required and click on Proceed
- Now complete the OTP verification process
- Now fill in the Part-B of Form GST REG-01 and then submit either by attaching the DSC or by using Aadhar OTP. EVC verification can also be used for the purpose of submitting the form.
- An acknowledgement consisting ARN will be generated in Form GST REG-02.
- If any query needs to be raised from the department then you will be informed regarding it in Form GST REG-03 and accordingly you need to provide justification in Form GST REG-04 within 7 days.
- In the final procedure you need to provide your approval regarding the application made by you and then you will be finally allotted the Final GSTIN.
These are the steps that you need to follow while applying for fresh GST registration online. Nowadays, the online GST portal is open so make sure that you apply for fresh GST registration online process at the earliest before the online portal closes. With the online portal you can easily check your GST status. Make sure that you have all the documents ready which need to be attached as enclosures before hand to avoid any difficulties while registration.