Simple and quick steps for GST login
In the event of a dramatic revolution of indirect tax regime, GST will be seen replacing all the indirect taxes and simplifying the taxation procedure. All those assessees who were till now covered and registered under different indirect taxes regime have to now get themselves migrated to the GST online portal. In case new businesses, fresh registrations need to be made on the online GST portal. The GST portal closed on 15th June, 2017 but the government of India has re-opened the portal for migration and fresh registration on 25th June, 2017 and the portal will remain opened for three months from now.
In case you need to migrate to online GST portal then you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- You need a provisional ID and provisional password for GST login which will be provided to you by the respective departments (Service Tax, VAT, etc.) in which you were registered till now. You can get it from the departments itself or you can also get it in the login id which you have in these departments.
- Log on to https://www.gst.gov.in/
- Click on Login
- You will see the boxes to mention the Username and Password. The provisional ID and password that you already have are not the Username and password. Below the Forgot password option you will find “First time login:If you are logging in for the first time, click here to log in.” Click on the word “here” which is hyperlinked and this link will redirect you to another webpage.
- Now you need to provide details of Provisional ID / GSTIN / UIN and Password. Here you need to enter your provisional ID and password for initiating the process of GST login.
- Now click on Login
- Now you need to mention the OTP which by now would have been sent on your registered mobile number and email id.
- Once you have been through this verification process then you need to type in a Username and Password of your choice.
- Now that you have got your Username and Password, you can log in to your GST login id.
Login for GST GOV (GOVERNMENT PORTAL)
This is how you need to migrate to GST portal. In case you need want to apply for fresh registration then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on the link https://reg.gst.gov.in/registration/
- Mention your Status out of the following:
- Tax Payer
- Tax Deductor
- Tax Collector
- GST practitioner
- Now select your State
- After selecting the state you need to select the District where your place of business is located
- Mention the name of the business. The name must be the one as mentioned on the PAN Card
- Now mention the PAN Number
- Now enter the email id and mobile number. Make sure that you enter the number and email id which is easily accessible as an OTP will be sent to this number and email id.
- Click on Proceed
- After clicking on Proceed, you need to go through the verification process of OTP and then with further registration obligations like Username and Password.
Once you are through the above mentioned steps, you will get yourself registered for GST. Make sure that you have all valid documents which are required for the purpose of GST registration. The online GST login portal is open currently and you can apply for the registration right now. So hurry!!
Related Articles :