Get your DSC registered at GST portal easily with these steps
One of the most hectic tasks in compliances with the rules and regulations of some or the other indirect tax regime was the documentation and filing process. From 25th June 2017 onwards the online GST portal has been re-opened for migrations and fresh registrations. Since all the work will be done online hence the security protocols have been beefed up.
In order to strengthen security features and simplifying the self attestation process, the government has necessitated the use of digital signatures in GST registrations and migrations. The use of DSC is not only restricted to registrations but also you would have to use them in monthly/ quarterly/ annual return filings. In order to complete the registration process you need to register your digital signatures on the GST portal authentication purpose and for future use as well. Let us see how you can register you DSC on the GST portal:
- Log on to https://www.gst.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Login’ option
- Enter the Username and Password
- Now type the Captcha Code as visible in the Security box
- Click on Login button
- Now you will see the welcome page and on this page you need to click on the CONTINUE button given on the right end of the screen
- Now you need to Click on Dashboard
- Out of the available options, select the option Register/ Update DSC
- A new webpage will open in which you need to select the PAN of authorized signatory in the drop down list.
- After selecting the PAN, you need to check the tick box saying “I have downloaded and installed the signer”
- Now click on Proceed.
- In the dialog box that will open up you need to select the certificate.
- After selecting the certificate click on Sign
- After selecting Sign you when your DSC will get registered you will receive a message on the screen regarding this.
This is the process of getting your digital signatures registered on the GST portal.
Before you begin with the process of registering your digital signatures on GST website, make sure that you have taken care of the following:
- You should have downloaded the latest version of emSigner
- You should have the latest Java Version
- The version of internet explorer installed on your system should be either 10 or above
These requirements should be fulfilled before registering the DSC or else you won’t be able to register it. As per the instructions of the government in the notification, DSC registration has been made mandatory for the following assessees:
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- Unlimited Company
- LLP Foreign company
- Foreign Limited Liability Partnership
In the case of proprietorship and partnership, an assessee doesn’t mandatorily require getting a DSC. Having aadhar would be sufficient. So, follow the above mentioned steps and register your DSC on the online GST portal as soon as possible. If you don’t have a DSC then get a Class 2 or Class 3 DSC for yourself.
Related articles :